Saturday 3 July 2010

Wednesday June 30th, 2010

Phew, phew and thrice phew. I had finally managed to find my two formally AWOL library books.I had gone along to the library to return my mountain of jewellery making related books when the librarian asked if I'd like to renew the additional two books remaining on my ticket. This was news to me, I had no idea I was clearly under the impression that the ones I had just returned were all the ones I'd had. Perplexed I politely asked for their titles before readily agreeing to their renewal, I was really hoping my psuedo enthusiasm disguised my initial panic, inside I was thinking 'oh my god, oh my god, where the hell are they?'.

'Perfect Match' (a book on making earrings) and 'Making Necklaces' (title self-explanatory) were the books I sought and I spent the evening searching frantically moving the bed, checking behind the bookshelf, even inside my pillowcase (don't laugh I have left books in there before). It was then I had visions of them having fallen into the bin somehow and already been disposed of then I would be forever in the libraries debt. I was sat in the spare room absorbed in 'The Jolly Postman' when Matty casually strode in opened up the box file where we keep the boring but necessary paperwork and blow me down there they were. The relief was tremendous, up until that point Matty had been about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, but right at that very moment I could've kissed him but I didn't instead I gave him a finger of my Twix, a very noble gesture on my part, besides I had another one in the fridge and he did only find them by accident after all.

Now reunited with my books (mine for 3 weeks) I browsed through 'Perfect Match' and was immediately inspired by the ocean/sea range, so much so I'm considering purchasing some African Recycled Glass beads to make them happen. I guess it is kind of ironic that I have a love of making these earrings without actually having pierced ears, but that might be soon set to change. In a previous entry I wrote that my lobes were too small for the piercing procedure to take place but it turns out they're not so I could soon be wearing and flaunting my very own creations before you know it (obviously when I get good). Using up some of my plastic charms and beads I put together a pair of earrings kinda similar to the gumball charm bracelet (also featured on Flickr).

No comments:

Post a Comment